Check Engine Light & Diagnostics
What does it mean if my check engine light appears?
If your check engine light turns on, it is to warn you that you might have a serious problem on your hands. It is likely that your ignition, fuel, or emissions systems are experiencing an issue to which needs tending.
When you bring your vehicle into Custom Complete Automotive, we can check the faults and restore it to manufacturer’s specifications. Our diagnosis will help identify what the issue is that you are experiencing and our honest, professional approach will ensure that you don’t pay for parts and services you don’t need.
- Your check engine light could be an indicator of any of the following problems:
- Catalyst system efficiency is below threshold
- Vehicle has insufficient gas recirculation flow
- Knock sensor circuit malfunction
- Cylinder misfire
- Too high fuel to oxygen ratio
- Too much oxygen in the exhaust
- Problems with the mass airflow sensor
- Gas cap is loose or damaged
- Spark plugs or wires need replacing
- Engine vacuum leak
- EGR valve problem
- Your vehicle is experiencing excessive gas consumption / release of air pollutants
Custom Complete Automotive: Trusted Columbia, MO Auto Repairs
We understand that this can be a confusing situation and the terms can become a bit jumbled. Don’t fret, though. After we have identified the problem, we will take the time to thoroughly explain it to you and to honestly advise you about what parts and services are necessary to restore your car’s condition to the level it was before your issues began.
Our services include diagnosing the cause for the check engine light, recommending the necessary repairs, performing the services, and resetting the check engine light. Don’t allow the problem and repair costs to escalate by failing to bring your car to our Columbia, MO auto repair experts.
Request your free repair estimate today from our team of skilled technicians! Call us today!