Rev Up Your Engine with an Engine Tune Up
To consistently maximize its performance, your car needs routine maintenance. At Custom Complete Automotive, our tune up services include replacing worn-out engine parts, making needed adjustments and restoring like-new engine performance.
Why Your Car Needs a Tune Up?
If your vehicle is experiencing a drivability problem, it's getting hard to start, fuel mileage has dropped, stalling and hesitating, knocking or failing to run on same zip and power, or even failing on emission tests, then it needs an engine tune up. For most cars, tune-up maintenance is recommended after your car reaches 30 thousand miles.
Engine Tune Up: What We Do
We first perform tune-up checks to establish your engines overall condition, and these include:
- Battery Voltage – Cars today have multiple on-board electronics that require constant charging.
- Power Balance or Dynamic Compression – To identify mechanical problems that can negatively affect engine performance.
- Engine Vacuum – To establish probable air leaks or exhaust restrictions.
- Scanning Fault Codes – To establish if fault codes are present for immediate diagnosis and elimination.
- Verify Idle Speed – To establish probable ISC motor problems.
- Check Ignition Timing – To establish any computer or sensor problems.
- Visual Inspections – To establish all engine fluids are at the proper level and conditions acceptable.
What We Replace After Checks
Upon detecting major faults, we replace following items to maximize engine performance:
- Spark Plugs – These need periodic replacements as electrodes wear-out due to constant firing – recommended after 30,000 miles of operation.
- Rotor or Distributor Cap if need be.
- Fuel Filter: other parts on a need be basis – oxygen sensors, belts, hoses, and fluids.
At Custom Complete Automotive, we strive to keep your car running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. To schedule a tune-up to determine if your engine is performing at optimal level, or for more information about our services, contact us today for reliable service you can trust!
Find an Auto Repair Shop Near You
We have multiple auto repair shops throughout Missouri located in Columbia, Jefferson City, and St. Louis.
Eric Riddles is an ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician who has been working as an auto mechanic since 1998 and originally joined the team at Custom Complete Automotive in 2005. Eric has numerous certifications in various aspects of car repair and spent 10 years training the next generation of auto technicians at a local high school Auto Shop classroom.